November 22, 2017

Celebrating Eighteen

Two weeks ago, my mom and my sister threw me a surprise birthday dinner with some of my best and closest friends. Because we're all busy with school, it's difficult finding time when we can all meet. So whenever we do get together, it's always something special.

Here are a couple of photos from the dinner!
In such a faith-stretching and emotionally trying season in my life, celebrating my eighteenth birthday with those I love the most was incredibly encouraging. Having gone through so much with these people, I am reminded of God's grace and faithfulness. Because of them, I am hopeful in my trials.

That's why I'm beyond grateful for my friends. They're family to me and I love them beyond words can express. When I look at them, I'm reminded of all the good things in life. All my doubts and fears fade away and I find myself at home. There's no other blessing quite like being able to call someone a friend. My heart is full and my mind is at peace knowing I have people like them in my life. Truly, my cup overflows.

Photography by Alyssa Abesamis