December 8, 2017

Portraits Vol. 5

There's nothing like being with friends and my latest photoshoot with my friend Jeremiah Santos proved just that.

Since meeting Jeremiah five years ago, he and I have become really great friends. He's always been such a joy to be with and an incredibly easy person to work with. We did several productions together in high school and taking his potraits reminded me of all the fun that we had working together.

For this shoot, I didn't have any mood boards or themes in mind. All I had was my camera and at first, I was a little worried that I had no direction with the shoot, but after a couple of photos, I knew what kind of photos I wanted to take. I found myself drawn to fleeting moments such as the one in the last photo of the set. That photo was taken outside the Senate Hall of the National Museum of Fine Arts. With just a bit of light coming through the overhead windows, it was really a photo just waiting to be taken.

I live for moments like that. There's a joy that comes from the unexpected but the beauty of moments like that is fleeting. Often times, one has to decide whether to capture those moments or to live in them. But this photoshoot with Jeremiah allowed me to do both and I am grateful beyond words.

Thanks Jeremiah for letting me take your portraits. I'm so happy and grateful I got to work with you on this. You're a great human being that I am beyond blessed to call my friend. Let's do this again some time!

Modeling by Jeremiah Santos
Photography and Post-processing by Luis Abesamis

Collaborate with me! Drop me an email at: 📩 whatdoesluissay@gmail.com ðŸ“©