April 20, 2016

My Comic Book Collection


As a kid, I read and collected comics as a hobby. I will admit that I'm not a huge comic book fan as other people but I do enjoy them a lot. I've collected quite a number of comic books over the past few years and that's what this entire blog post is all about. Most of my comics are DC so if you aren't a huge fan of DC, I hope you still enjoy reading. Without further ado, here is my comic book collection. 

The New 52 Justice League
These are the latest additions to my collection. I just them a few weeks ago and I have been loving them. I've always wanted to read the reboots of DC especially Justice League so it's nice to finally have (some of) them.


Kingdom Come
This is probably one of my favourite comic books. I've had it since I was 7 or 8 and I have always enjoyed reading this one. It's done by Alex Ross who just might be my favourite illustrator.

Look at that art.

Now look at this art.

But then look at this beauty.

JLA vs. Avengers
Growing up as a DC kid, I wasn't super exposed to Marvel, so this comic book was one of the few things that introduced me to the Marvel Universe. The storyline is pretty interesting and I think it's worth a read.



Blackest Night
I don't know if you know this but Green Lantern is my favourite superhero and so it only made sense that I had Blackest Night in my collection.



Cosmic Odyssey and Justice League of America
In my entire collection, I think these two have the oldest content. Regardless, I enjoyed reading them as a kid as they were much different takes on the heroes I knew from the tv show Justice League.

Cosmic Odyssey
Justice League of America
The World's Greatest Super-Heroes: JLA
This comic book was one of the first few that opened my eyes to new versions of the heroes that I knew. Kyle Ryner was the GL of the Justice League and Hal Jordan was the Spectre. Also, Hawkgirl isn't in the Justice League but Aquaman is. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot.



Justice Volumes 1 & 2
These are such amazing comics. It had a really good story and such amazing art. Look at that art. It's by Alex Ross, which explains why it's amazing. There's a third one that I don't have which makes me a little sad. Hoping to complete the trilogy someday because it's a really good set of comics.



Crisis on Multiple Earths Volume 3
Much like Justice League of America, this is a compilation of old comics about the Justice League. This one I think is one of the first few that tackles multiple earths or the multiverse.


Infinite Crisis and Infinite Crisis Companion
I really enjoyed reading these comic books. I remember reading it a long time ago and just forget the time. I was so sucked into the story because I just found it so interesting. It's definitely one that I won't get tired of reading.
I found the story of Infinite Crisis so interesting that I forgot the time when I first read it a long time ago. It's definitely one that I won't get tired of reading.

Look at all those Lanterns.


Kababayan Komiks presents: Bayani
Issue # 1: Lakambini
My 4th year concept paper was about a making a comic book that meant to encourage nationalistic pride amongst the Filipino people especially the youth. That is the actual comic that my group made for the concept paper.

The story was done by my good friend Yumi Paras and the illustration done by my amazing friends Trixie Guerrero and Kayla Olleres. Hi, Angelo. You did some shading too.

I think this might be my favourite comic book in my entire collection. Even if I didn't personally contribute to the actual comic book (aside from shading some panels), I'm very proud of this comic book. It's very special to me and I'm just really happy with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realize now that most, if not all of my comics, aren't the actual issues but more of compilations of the issues. Well, I wasn't a huge comic book fan like I said so I didn't really wait around for each individual issue to come out. It was a once in awhile thing. Hoping to change that soon and catch up on all the New 52 comics that are out. I'm also hoping to get into comics made by Filipinos! It's really good and important to support our own products and artists! 

Anyway, this was more of a show-and-tell kind of post and not my usual kind of post where I talk about what's in my head. I hope you guys still enjoyed reading this blog post though! That's all I have for today!

Until Next Time!
~ Luis ~


0 comments:

Post a Comment