April 6, 2016

January to March 2016 Favourites



I haven't done a favourites post in awhile and I need to make it up to you. I've already missed the first three months of the year, but don't worry because today, I will going through all that I have been loving from January to March.

~ Disclaimer: I am not paid to advertise any of the things that I mention below. I also am not affiliated with any of the companies that I mention below. ~

Photos taken by me
Adidas Gym Shorts
Recently, I have been wearing gym shorts more. I bought them to encourage myself to workout more and really get into my health and fitness. To be quite honest, I haven't been working out with these shorts, but instead using them for everyday use. The shorts that I bought are from Adidas and they are extremely comfortable. They're soft and they have pockets. Some even have zippers for the pockets so that when you work out, whatever you put inside doesn't fall out. I definitely recommend the climalite kind if you're looking for gym shorts for working out or just for bumming around in comfortable clothing.


Photo taken by me
Hair Ties
If you've seen me these past few months, then you will know that I have been growing my hair out. It's gotten long enough that I want it out of my face. To accomplish the task of keeping my hair out of my face, I bought a pack of hair ties from the local supermarket and I just really like having my hair tied now. I am a little disappointed at the brand that I got because it said "extra stretchy" but I've already broken six of them. If you know a really good brand, feel free to let me know in the comments. I am in need of good quality hair ties.


Photo taken by me
Fujifilm Instax Mini8 Polaroid
These past few months I have been using my polaroid more and I'm just really happy with it. You take a photo of a specific moment and then you immediately have a physical copy of that moment. The science behind it amazes me. As someone who enjoys living in the moment, capturing moments to remind me of them is really important. If you've been thinking of getting one, I really recommend Fujifilm's Instax Mini8! It comes in several colors and the films that you can get are really pretty. It is a bit expensive though but I can say that it is worth the money. I love polaroids so much that I've written an entire blog post before dedicated to it. 

You can read that here: Polaroids


Photos from Tumblr
The Revenant
This film stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy in the lead roles with Alejandro G. IƱarritu as director and co-writer alongside Mark L. Smith. Leonardo DiCaprio is great in this film even if he barely had any speaking lines for most of the film. He really gave 110% and it paid off because he finally has an Oscar in his home. I'm no expert in cinematography but I can say that he way each scene was captured was really effective in highlighting the emotions, setting the scene, and telling the story overall. The story itself is remarkable. The issues it tackles and the pace that it has are plus points for this film. I definitely recommend that you watch this movie. It's amazing and it doesn't disappoint.


Photo from Tumblr
Kung Fu Panda 3
I surprisingly enjoyed Kung Fu Panda 3 a lot. It has the same humor that the first two films had. I didn't expect to laugh that much but they still manage to get me with their jokes (maybe I'm really just 7 years old trapped in a 16 year-old body). While watching the movie, I realized that the movie was tackling serious and relevant topics like identity issues, adoption, and having a different family setup. The way they dealt with these topics really made it easier to digest these topics more. I'm really happy with this movie. I recommend watching this movie if you're looking for a light but meaningful film to watch.


Screenshot from Leroy's video
"All I Ask" by Adele (Cover by Leroy Sanchez)
This song gives me so much feels. It's the kind of song that makes you feel like you and your significant other are going through something even if you don't have a significant other in your life. There is so much emotion in this song and the lyrics really hit hard. It's also written by Adele and Bruno Mars which is an amazing collaboration in my opinion. This particular cover that I like was done by Leroy Sanchez, who is an amazing vocalist. Leroy slays the song with his powerful voice and beautiful falsetto. All I Ask is my favourite song from Adele's 25 album and you should go listen to it!

Youth Revival by Hillsong Young & Free
This album was released around February and it has been my go-to worship album ever since. What I like most about this album is how personal the lyrics are. There are a lot of worship songs that have really personal lyrics but personally, the songs on this album really spoke to me. My personal favourites are Only Wanna Sing and Trust. There's a Spotify playlist below of the entire album if you want to check it out!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are all of the things that I have been loving from January to March. Links to some of them will be below. I promise to not miss any more favourites posts. I finally got around to adding photos onto my favourites post! I'm really excited to work with my camera more on this blog. I hope you enjoyed reading this super long post. That's all for now!

Until Next Time!
~ Luis ~

Links:

Previous Post: Color or Colour?
Other Favourites: Favourites

2 comments:

  1. dude get the thicker hair ties but its still the stretchy one so that they wont break easily try getting the ones from watsons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for this!! I will definitely be buying thicker hair ties next time!

      Delete