February 28, 2015

Polaroids

Today's blog post is about polaroid cameras.

If you don't know what a polaroid camera is, it's basically a camera that prints out the picture after you take it. I'm sure there's someone out there who can give you a much better idea of how it works but we don't really need that for this post.

Last Christmas, my parents got me a polaroid camera. I was really happy because I've always wanted one. I remember when I was a kid, we had a polaroid camera that looked like the cameras that we  now consider vintage and Tumblr-y. I was always fascinated with it because it could produce a physical copy of the photo that you just took.

The polaroid that I have isn't as vintage looking as our old one, but it works just the same. You take the photo and the camera prints it. I've always been amazed with the idea that you can actually have a physical copy of a photo with you especially in this time of selflies. Yes, you can take your digital photos and have them printed, but having the photos printed with the camera as soon you take the photo is just something different.

Just like any other camera, a polaroid can be used to take a photo of anything. You can take a photo of you and someone else. You can take a photo of flowers. You can take a photo of animals. You can take a photo of your food. You can take a photo of anything you want. It's all up to you because you capture the moment.

Capturing the moment. Yes, you should live in the moment and enjoy it, but capturing it isn't such a bad thing either. Isn't that why movies and TV shows work well? Filmmakers simulate situations, capture them on camera and share them to the rest of the world.

I guess that's why I really love polaroid cameras. You're able to capture the moment and produce a physical copy of it as soon as you take the photo. So, if you're interested in getting a polaroid camera for yourself, I do encourage you to do so. You will not regret it!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this. That is all I have for you guys today!

Until Next Time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment