January 16, 2018

Portraits Vol. 6

There's nothing like making new friends in old acquaintances. We've all had someone in our lives who we've known for quite some time but never really had the chance to get to know on a personal level. Though Camille and I are more than just acquainted with one another, she and I only grew closer these past few months.

Camille and I were never in classmates in high school having only interacted with one another because we had the same circle of friends and attended the same church. But it's incredible what a couple of conversations can do. I've found that Camille's the kind of person you could easily be comfortable with and her jolly character is one that doesn't go unnoticed.

Framed closely to capture the finer details, the portraits ironically depict a different Camille from the one I've gotten to know. With barely any facial expressions, Camille is suddenly serious and reserved -- completely opposite of her usual outgoing and bright personality. Her stare is not intimidating, but engaging, giving you a glimpse of who she really is.

Taking Camille's portraits was incredibly fun. She's an easy model to shoot with and having her be a part of this passion project of mine is such a joy. Thanks for letting me take your portraits, Camille! I am beyond grateful!

Modeling by Camille Arcilla
Photography and Post-processing by Luis Abesamis

Collaborate with me! Drop me an email at: ðŸ“© whatdoesluissay@gmail.com ðŸ“©