August 20, 2017

Portraits Vol. 2


The rain was pouring that Saturday afternoon Nikita and I met up to take my next set of portraits. We found ourselves in Toby's Estate Ortigas, a coffee shop nearby the church she and I go to. It was like Nikita and I had our own little studio outside the shop that day. I've been inspiread lately by photographer Luke Fontana whose vulnerable and raw portraits of famous personalities I wanted to emulate in this set of portraits.

Nikita styled herself for this shoot as well as directed some of the shots. It was her idea to shoot in front of the yellow platform and the resulting photos turned out to be our favorites from the entire shoot. Taking her portraits was so easy and fun for me. She was absolutely game since the day I asked her to be a part of this passion project of mine and I am just so blessed to have been able to do this with her.

These portraits were really a collaboration between the two of us and so Nik, thank you. I am forever grateful. Here's to many more collaborations in the future!

Photography by Luis Abesamis
Styling and Modeling by Nikita Ligot

0 comments:

Post a Comment