July 28, 2017

10 Hours In New York

A few weeks ago, I flew to the United States and found myself with a ten-hour transit in New York City. Of course, the only logical thing to do was to explore the city as much as my family and I could, and explore we did.

We met up with my mom's aunt residing in New York and she drove us around the city allowing us to experience even for just a fleeting moment the life and culture in New York City. In the few hours we had, we wasted no time and immediately drove to Times Square which was still very much alive even at midnight. New York really is the city that never sleeps.

Driving around the perimeter of Central Park and through Fifth Avenue and all the other famous sites like Radio City Music Hall, the Flatiron Building, and the Empire State Building very nearly brought me to tears. I had always dreamed of coming to New York City and to actually have been there even for just a couple of hours brough so much joy to my heart. 

No longer was New York just a faraway city in movies and books for me. New York is a new check on the bucket list of places I've always wanted to visit. I can't wait to come back and actually experience New York in all of its glory. Until next time, New York.

Previous Post: Loving Jesus On The Hard Days

0 comments:

Post a Comment