June 26, 2017

Bookstore Finds

One of my favorite pastimes is going to a bookstore just to look around the aisles. Check the latest releases. See if my order has arrived. Think about which school supplies I need to stock up on again. Now, that's great and incredibly relaxing, but the temptation to leave the store with another bag of goodies is just strong.

These past few months I've accumulated a couple of items from bookstores that I wanted to share with all of you. These bookstore finds are books, school supplies, and stationery that I find interesting and useful that might peak your interest as well! I included the prices of each product and where I got them if ever you want to purchase them. So, here are all of my bookstore finds from the last few months!


1. The Psychology Book - P869
I have been seeing this book around for awhile now, but I've been skeptical to purchase one partly because of its price. This book is more of crash course on select topics in psychology meant to simplify the very complex ideas in the field. The visuals are pretty great though and really good if you're interested in getting an idea of common concepts. Now, if you are looking into buying a more descriptive and informative book on psychology, I don't suggest you get this. Content-wise, this book is pretty accurate based on what I've learned from my psychology class, but again, it is just a simplified explanation of common ideas and concepts.

This book and a couple of others like it are available at booth National Book Store and Fully Booked!



2. Catastrophe Jumbo Paperclips - P280
My mom actually surprised me with these enormous copper paperclips, so this is more of her find but I'll add it here anyway for all of you. These beautiful paperclips are surprisingly sturdy and great at holding paperwork together without damaging the documents. They are a bit pricey for paperclips, but if you are willing to pay a little bit extra for them, I recommend these. Each pack comes with 12 jumbo paperclips in all of their copper glory. These have been useful for all of the papers that I've had to organize and submit. Their size and color makes it easy to see which pile is which and it makes organizing more fun!

These paperclips are part of the brand Catasrophe which was created by Filipina Cat Arambulo-Antonio who is also a blogger! You can get these paperclips at National Book Store!


3. Dong-A P&T Hexaplus Fineliner 0.4 - P197.75
I tried working on a planner this past semester in the hopes of managing my time better and with that, I decided to get nice pens to help make my planner more colorful and appealing. I opted for these pens because Dong-A is a pretty great brand and I've also seen a lot of people use these for their journals and planners. They did not disappoint. They were beautiful and surprisingly, I actually like the lighter colors in this pack of 10. I usually go for the light blue and orange as well as the pink because they work well for giving words or important dates that pop of color that they need. I purchased mine at National Book Store, but you can check Office Warehouse for stocks as well.


4. Fresh Fruit Weekly Planner - P195
Because I wanted to work with a planner this past semester, I needed to get myself a nice planner. Now, I'm very picky with planners and notebooks because while I don't like them expensive, I also don't want to be working on bad quality paper. This cute and quirky Fresh Fruit planner was absolutely perfect. The planner has eight panels -- one for your weekly to-do list and seven dedicated to each day of the week. What's great about this planner is that you get to fill in the dates so there's no pressure of not being able to use it after the year ends. This planner is around the A5 size which is just the right size in my opinion. When I saw that this was priced at P195, I was completely sold! This Fresh Fruit Planner is available at Fully Booked and comes in different fruit designs such as grape and apple. I went for the lemonade design because BeyoncĂ©.



5. Knock Knock "Pack This" Travel List - P150-250
Next to the yellow post-its, this travel list might just be the best notepad/post-it that I've ever bought. I've used this twice already -- once for a fieldwork and another for youth camp -- and it has been extremely helpful. It has all the possible things you will need for any kind of travel and they are all divided into four big groups: basics, miscellaneous, clothes, and hygiene. It's a pre-made checklist for all your travel needs. I really liked that for the clothes section, they added a quantity option where you can jot down how many of each type of clothing you need to pack. You can just use your phone and write it down yourself, but this checklist has already got everything covered for you and so all you really need to do left is pack and tick the boxes once you're done! If you love to travel, I recommend you get one of these! I got mine at Fully Booked and it was priced around P150 to P250. 



6. Read This If You Want To Take Great Photographs Of People by Henry Carroll - P899
Ever since I got into photography, portraiture has always been the field that I was most interested in. This book is actually a sequel to Henry Carroll's first photography book entitled Read This If You Want To Take Great Photographs which I had already read before so when I found this book, I instantly wanted it. Both tackle the different aspects of photography with contributions from several photographers. I've been learning a lot with this and I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn and get into photography more. I purchased my copy at Fully Booked and since they only have a few copies, I would also suggest ordering them online, which Fully Booked can also do for you!



7. Pattern Stamps - P126
I've been wrapping my presents in plain brown paper to sort of give myself a bit more creative freedom in decorating the gifts. I thought that these stamps would definitely come in handy the next time I wrap a present! They come in a pack of four with a blue and a red stamp pad. I would suggest buying a separate stamp pad though because these smalls ones can only do so much. I went for these because they were both simple and yet intricate designs which I absolutely love! There are more than one set of designs as well if these don't fit your preference and you can get them at Fully Booked!



8. The Justice League of America - Silver Age Vol. 2 - P920
Growing up, I was obsessed with the Justice League. I watched the animated series, played with the action figures, an even bought a couple of their graphic novels and comic books. I dedicated an entire blog post to my comic book collection which you can read here.

When I saw this compilation of a couple of the Silver Age comics, I was ecstatic. I've always wanted to read comics from way back then and to have this beautifully colored compilation of Justice League comics was just heaven! I am currently savoring the experience by reading the book slowly, but I am definitely loving seeing the Justice League the way they were before they got all dark and dramatic! This one you can purchase at Fully Booked!
~ ~ ~
If you have any bookstore finds as well, let me know in the comments below!

Previous Post: 5 Self-Care Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment