June 7, 2015

Pentatonix Concert

Today's post is about Pentatonix and their concert here in Manila. There's nothing more to it. It's just about that.

I just watched their concert here in Manila and I cannot even right now. I am a changed person. They are honestly so good. It's not even an exaggeration because they really are good. There are some artists who are really good on their tracks and records, but aren't as good live. Pentatonix is different. They are outstanding on their tracks and are just as amazing or even better live. Again, not an exaggeration.

Oh, might I add also that Pentatonix is an acapella group. That means they use no instruments. All the sounds you hear are produced by their voices and bodies (claps and stomps). They occasionally use a cello or sometimes add a violin depending on their song. An acapella concert that felt so much like a rock concert. It was literally amazing.

I just want to talk about how Kirstie Maldonado smiled and waved at me. She was probably doing that to the whole bunch of us but I really felt her eyes look at me and her smile directed me. I was waving in her direction. I'm a very tall dude wearing a white shirt so the odds that it was me is pretty high. Also, I got a picture of Scott Hoying up close. Honestly, he is so good looking. I was getting my camera ready but then I saw him and I was just starstruck. I literally went o.o because he looks really good. My existence has been slayed to say the least. They all looked really fashionable and flawless. Their outfits were amazing.

The whole concert was amazing. Their setlist was so good. They did all the songs from PTX Vol. III. They did the "Evolution of Beyonce" which was incredible. I sang along. I sang all the lyrics. I danced to it. They also did "Aha!" which I was obviously waiting for. Mitch Grassi slayed that song. His notes were on point. He is honestly singing goals. They also did the "Evolution of Music" which was so good. It was a mashup of a lot of different songs from across musical history. They did an off-mic version of "That's Christmas To Me" which was heaven to the ears. They all sounded amazing. I definitely danced to "Rather Be" which was a solo by my bae, Kirstie. Kevin's cello-boxing was literally amazing. Avi was the sweetest of them all. He didn't talk as much as the others, but his smile said it all. Of course, they performed their Grammy Award-winning song, "Daft Punk", which is a mashup of Daft Punk songs.

I got VIP tickets hoping to meet them (and of course, good seats). Unfortunately, I didn't know the details of the meet and greet, so I probably missed it. I would say it's alright but then again I paid to see them. I did get a picture of Scott and I got myself a t-shirt, which I will totally rock any day of the week.

When they come back next year, I will definitely come again. I will also make sure to go to the meet and greet next year. I will also make sure to be there earlier because I don't want to miss any opportunity to meet them.

To Pentatonix, if you are reading this, I love you guys so much. I cannot even express how much I thank you for coming here and sharing your talent. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Thanks for listening to me blabber about my favourite band/group. I will be linking down below some of my favourite songs and covers from them. I hope you enjoyed reading and that you're interested in Pentatonix! That is all I have for you guys today!

Until Next Time
~Luis~


Links:

0 comments:

Post a Comment