March 5, 2015

February Favourites

We are done with the second month of the year already. February went by so quickly. Well, the month only has 28 days so maybe that's why it feels short. I have been loving a few things from the past month and that is what I will be talking about today!

~ Disclaimer: I am not paid to advertise the things that I mention below. I also am not affiliated with the companies that I mention below. ~

1) "Smoke+Mirrors" by Imagine Dragons
The newest Imagine Dragons album is amazing. I personally like this better than Night Visions because of the diversity that their sound has in this album. It's still their style and artistry but you know there's something new and unique about their sound now. It does not disappoint!

2) "The Flash" by The CW
I was looking for a new series to watch that was engaging and interesting, and let me tell you something: The Flash did not disappoint. Being a DC fan, I am pleased at the show. The plot is amazing. The way the story progresses is just right. It isn't fast (pun not intended) but it isn't slow either. The way they introduce characters is amazing. I love how they drop hints and give clues to the audience about future characters and other characters in the DC universe. I finished the first 14 episodes in 3 days. That's how hooked I was am to this show. If you're looking for a series to watch, I recommend this 100%.

3) Romulo's Cafe
My parents wanted to eat out together for Valentine's Day and we ate here. The place is very chic and classy. I loved the ambiance of the place. It was very chill and and it had a vintage feel because of all the photos of Carlos P. Romulo, who's the grandfather of the owner of the restaurant. The food was amazing. Everything was cooked nicely. Nothing was too much of this or too little of that. Everything was balanced. What I loved most was the Seafood Kare-Kare. It wasn't only the uniqueness of the dish that got to me. It was how you could still taste the squid and shrimp even though it was already mixed with the sauce. If you're looking for a restaurant that serves great Filipino food, this is the place to go.

4) White Instax Mini 8 Polaroid
I got this for Christmas from my parents and I only got to use this past month. I am so happy that I have one because polaroids are the best. I won't expound much on why I love it because I already made I blog post about it.

5) Lady Gaga's Oscar Performance
I cannot even. Her vocals were on point. Her vibe was amazing. It literally made me speechless. Paying tribute to such an iconic film is one thing. Bringing the house down with your tribute to an iconic film is another. Lady Gaga proves in this performance that she does have the vocals and artistry to be considered an musical icon.

6) "Good Mythical Morning" by Rhett and Link
I was looking for other Youtubers to watch and I've been hearing about Good Mythical Morning from my friends. It's not a new show. It's been there for awhile now. The web show on Youtube is run by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal III. They post videos every morning on weekdays and each video is random. They talk about anything and everything but it isn't the kind of random that's weird and unlikable. It's the kind that's interesting and entertaining. It's the kind of random that's creative. Their show never fails to make me smile.

That is all of the things that I have been loving for the month of February! The links to some of them will be below so that you can check them out afterwards. I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Until Next Time!
~Luis~


Links:
Lady Gaga's Performace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9bJzifdgY
*I apologise if the video isn't the best quality. There isn't really any HD videos of her performance*
Good Mythical Morning: https://www.youtube.com/user/rhettandlink2

Previous Post: http://whatdoesluissay.blogspot.com/2015/02/polaroids.html
Other Favourites: http://whatdoesluissay.blogspot.com/p/monthly-favourites.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment