December 16, 2015

Baking Brownies





Hello! Ever since I posted about brownies about ten months ago, I have been trying to make the perfect batch of brownies (moist, chewy, and not crumbly). I baked brownies the other day and I wanted to share some photos that I took from that day.



I use the Betty Crocker Brownie Mix for my brownies. It already has instructions on how to make brownies, which makes it so much easier to make especially for those baking brownies for the first time.



When I bake, I use a large clear mixing and a wooden spoon. Sometimes, I use a spatula but then mixing it becomes a bit difficult. I only use a spatula when making cookie dough because it's easier to mix the dough with the spatula. Back to brownies...



1/2 Cup Water is needed for the recipe. A human needs a lot of water even if they're already 70% water. If you haven't already, drink a glass of water right now! It's good for you.



The recipe says 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, but I don't use vegetable oil at home. Instead, I used olive oil because that's what I use for all my cooking and baking needs.



The recipe also calls for 1 egg! I personally use large, free-range, organic eggs for cooking and baking. Free-range means that the chicken isn't caged in the farm and is allowed to roam around the field. Organic, in terms of food, means that there is no chemicals added onto the plants, food of the animals, or fertilizer used for the soil where the crops grow.




My addition to the recipe is 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. The vanilla extract adds a nice touch to the brownie giving it just the right amount of sweetness. Too much of vanilla extract can make your recipe go wrong in an instant, so be careful when adding it to your recipe.



Mix together all the ingredients to make your batter. The consistency should be thick but not too thick that the batter is difficult to mix already. It shouldn't be runny also. That'll make the brownie too fudgey, which will cause the brownie to break apart easily.



Transfer the batter onto a baking tin/pan. The one I used is about 9x11 if I'm not mistaken. This particular tin is not expensive. If I recall correctly, it's about 140 pesos. It's an effective baking tin/pan bought at a really good price!



Place the tin in the oven for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 175 degrees Celsius! If you haven't preheated the oven, do it now and wait for about 15 minutes before putting the brownies in.



After 40 minutes, take the brownies out of the oven and let it cool down for 30-50 minutes.


And because I'm new to photoblogging, I forgot to take photos of the brownies sliced and neatly arranged in a plate. Oh well. I promise to update this post with a picture of the brownies as soon as I can!

I hope you enjoyed reading through this post! This is the first time I'm having photos on my blog, and I really hope it looks great. I'm hoping to have photos in most, if not all, of my blogposts. That is all I have for you guys today!

Until Next Time!
~ Luis ~




0 comments:

Post a Comment